HOME > RESOURCES > CHECKLIST A Practical Checklist
Use this simple, practical checklist when making funeral arrangements.
Things to ask when selecting a funeral home:
- Are you a locally owned funeral home?
- Are you a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes?
- Life insurance and pre-paid services cover the cost of many funeral services. What types of services could I receive here if I have these options (Note: Ask only if a loved one made such previous arrangements)?
- What are the necessary steps, materials and/or government regulations to consider when pre-arranging a funeral (Note: Ask only if pre-arranging a funeral)?
- Am I able to customize the funeral service I want for the deceased?
- What kinds of funeral packages (if any) do you offer?
Materials to pick up while at the funeral home:
- A general price list and list of services
- A copy of specific prices if the general list does not include prices for such things as caskets, urns, etc.
- A written memorandum of charges (if funeral goods and services are agreed upon/purchased)